Feel Joy & Make an Impact
We are seeking volunteers ages 15+ who are energetic, playful, and enthusiastic to participate as Movement Mentors in our sessional programs. In this role, you will share movement, dance and music with others while connecting with our participants with disabilities in a fun, inclusive environment. Mentors will receive training and hands-on guidance from our skilled facilitators to provide physical, behavioural and cognitive support to our participants. Each Mentor is paired with a participant with whom they will build a connection and trusting relationship.
What's in it for you?
Valuable Work Experience | Meaningful Interactions | Heart-Pumping Exercise | Long Lasting Memories | A FULL Heart!
The ability to dance/move physically is a MUST! Comfort and previous experience supporting participants with disabilities is an asset, though not mandatory.
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
Dance for Physical Needs
Thursdays 5:45-7:15 pm
Fall Session: Oct 5 - Dec 7
Adult Day Program
Variety Morning: Tuesdays 10-11:45 am
Dance/Yoga Afternoon: Tuesdays 12:45-3 pm
Fall Session: Sept 12-Nov 28
- 15 years of age or older
- FULL 10-12 week commitment for 1 or more programs
- Energetic, playful and enthusiastic personalities preferred
- Comfort and ability to dance/move physically is a MUST!
- Comfort and previous experience supporting participants with special needs is an asset, but not mandatory as coaching will be provided
- Mandatory attendance to Mentor Orientation
- Police Information Check required
- Have fun sharing in movement, dance and music with others
- Meet like-minded individuals and form relationships with peers, children and families
- Gain valuable work experience
- Experience interacting and engaging with a diverse population
- Opportunities for paid positions through commitment to the program
- Training and workshops in the field of special needs and movement